BBC

Surrey Police investigating child sex abuse allegations after Epstein files release

The force said no arrests have been made in relation to the offences dating back to the 1980s and 1990s.

Read More

BBC

Channel 4 contacted by police after Married at First Sight UK rape claims

A BBC Panorama investigation revealed allegations that two women had been raped during filming.

Read More

BBC

Twenty-two years in the making - how Arsenal celebrated title win

Arsenal have had to wait 22 years to celebrate a title win, and both the club's players and fans made sure to savour every second of it on Tuesday night.

Read More

BBC

Young drivers targeted by 'ghost brokers' selling fake car insurance online

The finance watchdog warns bogus brokers are selling fake car insurance through social media.

Read More

BBC

UK should set maximum working temperature rules, advisers say

Successive governments have failed to prepare the UK for extreme heat, the climate watchdog says.

Read More

BBC

HS2 could cost up to £102.7bn and trains will be slower than first planned

The new cost range and train speed are being announced as a "reset" of the delayed, over-budget and vastly scaled-back project is carried out.

Read More

BBC

BBC confirms new Strictly Come Dancing hosts

The trio replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who left the BBC dance competition last year.

Read More

BBC

Supermarkets urged to limit food prices by government

Any price caps would be voluntary apply to key groceries such as eggs, bread, and milk, the BBC understands.

Read More

BBC

Key people smuggler arrested after BBC uncovered identity

The 28-year-old's network is thought to have transported thousands of illegal migrants into the UK.

Read More

BBC

Father-of-eight killed in San Diego mosque shooting hailed as hero

Security guard Amin Abdullah, one of three killed in the attack, was described as "a shining light".

Read More

CNN

Some on-air claims about Dominion Voting Systems were false, Fox News acknowledges in statement after deal is announced

No description available.

Read More

CNN

Dominion still has pending lawsuits against election deniers such as Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell

No description available.

Read More

CNN

Here are the 20 specific Fox broadcasts and tweets Dominion says were defamatory

• Fox-Dominion trial delay 'is not unusual,' judge says • Fox News' defamation battle isn't stopping Trump's election lies

Read More

CNN

Judge in Fox News-Dominion defamation trial: 'The parties have resolved their case'

The judge just announced in court that a settlement has been reached in the historic defamation case between Fox News and Dominion Voting Systems.

Read More

CNN

'Difficult to say with a straight face': Tapper reacts to Fox News' statement on settlement

A settlement has been reached in Dominion Voting Systems' defamation case against Fox News, the judge for the case announced. The network will pay more than $787 million to Dominion, a lawyer for the company said.

Read More

CNN

Millions in the US could face massive consequences unless McCarthy can navigate out of a debt trap he set for Biden

• DeSantis goes to Washington, a place he once despised, looking for support to take on Trump • Opinion: For the GOP to win, it must ditch Trump • Chris Christie mulling 2024 White House bid • Analysis: The fire next time has begun burning in Tennessee

Read More

CNN

White homeowner accused of shooting a Black teen who rang his doorbell turns himself in to face criminal charges

• 'A major part of Ralph died': Aunt of teen shot after ringing wrong doorbell speaks • 20-year-old woman shot after friend turned into the wrong driveway in upstate New York, officials say

Read More

CNN

Newly released video shows scene of Jeremy Renner's snowplow accident

Newly released body camera footage shows firefighters and sheriff's deputies rushing to help actor Jeremy Renner after a near-fatal snowplow accident in January. The "Avengers" actor broke more than 30 bones and suffered other severe injuries. CNN's Chloe Melas has more.

Read More

CNN

Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Lee Curtis spent the Covid-19 lockdown together

It's sourdough bread and handstands for Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Read More

CNN

Toddler crawls through White House fence, prompts Secret Service response

A tiny intruder infiltrated White House grounds Tuesday, prompting a swift response from the US Secret Service.

Read More

NY Times

Early War Goal Was to Install Hard Line Former President as Iran’s Leader

An Israeli strike designed to free Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from house arrest in Tehran, U.S. officials said, was part of an effort to bring about regime change and put him in power.

Read More

NY Times

Senate Votes to Take Up Measure to Force Trump to End Iran War

With four Republican backers, Democrats won a vote to advance a resolution that would force the president to end hostilities or win authorization from Congress.

Read More

NY Times

Bond Yields Hit Highest Level Since 2007 as Inflation Fears Set In

The 30-year U.S. Treasury yield hasn’t been this high since the lead-up to the global financial crisis. Across Europe and Asia, yields are also elevated.

Read More

NY Times

The I.R.S. Will Drop Audits of Trump and His Family

Also, voters cast ballots in key primaries. Here’s the latest at the end of Tuesday.

Read More

NY Times

Andy Barr Wins Republican Primary for McConnell’s Seat in Kentucky

Mr. Barr, who serves in the House, consolidated support among Republicans in part by securing the endorsement of President Trump.

Read More

NY Times

I.R.S. to Drop Audits of Trump and Family

As part of the Justice Department’s compensation fund deal, officials vowed not to pursue any matters, including those involving President Trump’s tax returns, that are pending.

Read More

NY Times

The IRS Thought it Could Fight Trump’s Lawsuit, but it Struck a Deal Anyway

Officials wrote a memo outlining ways to challenge President Trump’s suit against the Internal Revenue Service. The administration is instead creating a compensation fund.

Read More

NY Times

Manager at Trump’s N.J. Golf Club Helped Plan Reflecting Pool Repairs

David Schutzenhofer, a Trump Organization employee, reached out to one of the vendors the government later hired for the iconic site near the Lincoln Memorial, documents show.

Read More

NY Times

Amid Global Turmoil, Trump Shows Off White House Ballroom Construction

President Trump showed off the construction on his ballroom project, providing a deeper look at the things that matter to him.

Read More

NY Times

The Best of ‘S.N.L.’ Season 51: Sensitive Strippers and Regretful Moms

This season “Saturday Night Live” found new ways to satirize the Trump administration and said goodbye to one of its most valuable cast members.

Read More

The Guardian

Rubio criticizes WHO’s Ebola response as US continues sweeping public health cuts

US secretary of state says WHO was ‘a little late’ in identifying deadly Ebola outbreak in the DRC and Uganda

The US secretary of state, Marco Rubio, said on Tuesday that the World Health Organization (WHO) was “a little late” in identifying the deadly Ebola outbreak in the the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda.

On Tuesday, Rubio told reporters: “The lead is obviously going to be CDC [Centers for Disease Control] and the World Health Organization, which was a little late to identify this thing unfortunately.”

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

WHO considers use of experimental vaccines as Ebola cases and deaths rise in DRC

WHO chief said he was ‘deeply concerned’ after at least 500 suspected Ebola cases and 130 deaths reported in outbreak of Bundibugyo strain

Global health leaders are considering whether vaccines or medicines still in development could be used to fight Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as the World Health Organization’s chief said he was deeply concerned by the outbreak’s speed and scale.

Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak began – up from about 200 cases and 65 deaths when it was announced on Friday.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

As WHO sounds alarm over Ebola in DRC, what can be learned from previous outbreaks?

Conflict, mistrust and delayed detection could complicate response to emergency caused by Bundibugyo variant

To be around the centre of an Ebola outbreak is to become used to the smell of chlorine. At hospitals and government buildings, surfaces are sprayed with it and hands washed in a 0.05% solution that can kill the virus in 60 seconds.

Infrared handheld thermometers take temperatures at airports and border crossings. Any indication of a fever prevents passage. Contact-tracing teams crisscross the countryside.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

US claims ‘emergency refugee situation’ as it admits 10,000 more white South Africans

Trump has repeatedly made false claims that white Afrikaners facing genocide with costs of resettling them at $100m

The US government has said it will increase the number of white South Africans it admits as refugees this year from about 7,500 to 17,500, claiming that “unforeseen developments in South Africa created an emergency refugee situation.”

Since starting his second term in office last year, Donald Trump has repeatedly made false claims that white Afrikaners are racially targeted and face a “white genocide”, which South Africa’s government has furiously rebutted.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

Calls for release of Sierra Leonean singer jailed in ‘crackdown on free speech’

Zainab Sheriff unjustly sentenced to four years in prison for incitement and threatening language, say activists

Lawyers, politicians and activists have called for the release of one of Sierra Leone’s best-known celebrities, who they said was unjustly imprisoned as part of a government crackdown on free speech and political dissent.

Zainab Sheriff, a singer and reality-TV show contestant who became a political opposition figure, was sentenced in April to four years and two months’ imprisonment for incitement and using threatening language.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

Three Toronto police officers arrested over sexual assault in Barcelona

Two off-duty officers allegedly assaulted a sex worker in a taxi in Ciutat Vella, according to police in Catalonia

The Toronto police force, which is already under intense public scrutiny, is facing fresh questions after it emerged that three off-duty officers on vacation in Barcelona were arrested in connection with a sexual assault last week.

According to police in Barcelona, the alleged assault occurred in the early hours of 13 May, when the trio of police officers were travelling in a taxi with a sex worker in the Ciutat Vella neighbourhood of the Catalan capital.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

Woman shot dead by police in Jamaica at protest over previous police shooting

Investigation launched as video circulates online showing officer firing at vehicle and colleagues dragging away body

Authorities in Jamaica have launched an investigation after CCTV footage of a woman’s fatal shooting by police sent shock waves across the Caribbean nation.

Footage circulating on social media shows a police officer firing at a vehicle during a protest on Sunday in Granville, in Jamaica’s north-western parish of St James. The bullet hit Latoya Bulgin, 45, who was behind the wheel of the vehicle.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

Defense department watchdog opens inquiry into US airstrikes on alleged drug boats

Officials will determine if standard process was followed before lethal strikes in Caribbean and eastern Pacific

The Pentagon’s internal watchdog has opened an investigation into whether US military commanders followed proper procedures when conducting boat strikes in the Caribbean and the eastern Pacific.

The office of inspector general at the Department of Defense is examining whether military commanders stuck to the standard six-step process the US military is required to follow before approving and carrying out lethal strikes, according to an 11 May memo initiating the review.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

Pressure on Mexico after two ex-officials surrender to US over alleged cartel ties

Mexican president Claudia Sheinbaum denies any links between her Morena party and organized crime

Pressure is mounting on Claudia Sheinbaum, Mexico’s president, after two former top officials from the country’s Sinaloa state – both members of her Morena party – gave themselves up to US authorities over alleged ties to the Sinaloa cartel.

The state’s former security minister Gerardo Mérida Sánchez crossed the border into Arizona last week and was taken into custody by US marshals, Mexico’s security ministry said. Sinaloa’s former finance minister, Enrique Díaz Vega, was taken into custody in New York.

Continue reading...

Read More

The Guardian

Cuba warns US of ‘bloodbath’ if military action follows drone claims

Cuba’s president, Miguel Díaz-Canel, says any US strike would be catastrophic after reports of 300+ drones

Cuba’s president, Miguel Díaz-Canel, has warned that any US military action against his country would lead to a “bloodbath” with incalculable consequences for regional peace and stability.

“Cuba does not represent a threat,” Díaz-Canel said in a post on X.

Continue reading...

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

100/100 மார்க் கொடுப்பேன்.. 10 நாட்களாக விஜய்யின் செயல்பாடுகள் எப்படி? முன்னாள் ஐபிஎஸ் அதிகாரி ரவி!

100 Out of 100 for CM Vijay - Ex-IPS Officer Ravi Praises New Chief Minister's First 10 Days in Office

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

9 To 5... வீட்டிலிருந்து கொண்டு வரும் சாப்பாடு.. விஜய் டைமிங்கால் ஆச்சரியத்தில் தலைமைச் செயலகம்!

9 AM to 5 PM Shift and Home-Cooked Food: CM Vijay Sets a Punctuality Benchmark at Tamil Nadu Secretariat

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

இனப்படுகொலை.. அப்படிதான் சொல்லப்பட வேண்டும்! தமிழர்களுக்காக ஆஸ்திரேலிய நாடாளுமன்றத்தில் ஒலித்த குரல்

Australian Parliament Urged to Recognize Tamil Genocide by NSW MP Hugh McDermott

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

பொன்ராஜ் மீது வழக்கு.. அப்துல் கலாமிற்கு ஆலோசனை சொன்னவருக்கு நாம் ஆலோசனை சொல்வதா? கொந்தளித்த தனியரசு

Ponraj: Kongu Ilaignar Peravai Leader Thaniyarasu condemns Chief Minister Vijay for registering a case against Ponraj

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

இந்து, சீக்கிய பெயர்களை தெருக்களுக்கு சூட்டும் பாகிஸ்தான்.. பின்னணியில் இப்படி ஒரு பிளானா?

Pakistan: Nearly 80 years after Partition, Pakistan has begun restoring old Hindu, Sikh, Jain and colonial-era street names in parts of Lahore. Areas that carried Islamic names for decades are now being renamed to their historical identities, including Krishna Nagar and Ram Galli. The move has triggered widespread discussion and curiosity over the possible cultural and political reasons behind the

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

சிக்கலில் சுப்மன் கில்.. இந்திய அணியின் கேப்டனாக முயற்சிக்கும் ஜெய்ஸ்வால்.. ராஜஸ்தான் கொடுத்த சான்ஸ்

Yashasvi Jaiswal: Yashasvi Jaiswal enters into the race of Indian team next Captain after walk out as a captain of Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2026

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

விஜய்க்கு சிபிஎம் சண்முகம் எச்சரிக்கை.. அதிமுகவினரை அமைச்சரவையில் சேர்த்தால் ஆதரவு மறுபரிசீலனை

CPM state secretary Shanmugam has said the party would reconsider its support to the TVK government if it receives backing from AIADMK. He stated that the Left parties supported Vijay's government only to prevent BJP rule through indirect means in the name of President's Rule. Shanmugam also warned that including AIADMK members in the cabinet would go against the people's mandate.

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

TCS, Infosys: 30 வருடமாக கட்டிய கோட்டை.. இடித்து தரைமட்டமாக்கும் OpenAI..! என்ன நடக்கிறது?

OpenAI has launched a $4 billion Deployment Company to send elite engineers directly into large enterprises to integrate and automate AI workflows, challenging the traditional IT services model. OpenAI தனது $4 பில்லியன் DeployCo நிறுவனம் மூலம் பெரிய கம்பெனிகளுக்குள் நுழைந்து AI-யை நேரடியாக ஒருங்கிணைக்கும் திட்டத்தை தொடங்கியுள்ளது. TCS, Infosys, Wipro உள்ளிட்ட இந்திய ஐடி நிறுவனங்களுக்கு பெரும் சவால

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

மருந்து கடை உரிமையாளர்கள் நாளை ஸ்ட்ரைக்.. தமிழ்நாட்டில் பாதிப்பு இருக்குமா? அருண்ராஜ் விளக்கம்

Arunraj, Health Minister has assured that alternative arrangements have been made to avoid inconvenience to the public during the nationwide strike by pharmacy owners against online medicine sales on May 20. Out of 50,000 pharmacies in Tamil Nadu, around 5,000 medical shops will continue to function for emergency needs.

Read More

OneIndia Tamil

துணைக் கேப்டன் பதவி மட்டுமல்ல.. ரிஷப் பண்ட்க்கு மிகப்பெரிய ஆப்பு வைத்த பிசிசிஐ.. இனி கஷ்டம்தான்!

Rishabh Pant: Major Blow to Rishabh Pant that he Sacked from Vice-Captaincy as BCCI Announces India Squad for Afghanistan Test

Read More